Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What's in Your Laundry?

Yes, I am continuing the laundry saga. What weird things have you found in the wash? I'm still battling the laundry mountain. I have washed at least 8 loads today. Honestly, I lost count somewhere after lunch time. The machines have run non-stop since breakfast except for a one hour break during naptime. There are clothes on the clothesline, in the dryer, on the drying rack. I still have 2 more loads waiting for me plus the diapers to wash. But the baffling thing will always be the small objects children leave in their pockets. Yes, I know I am supposed to actually check the pockets before doing the wash but I have boys. Strange weird little boys who put strange weird things in their pockets. I am honestly afraid sometimes to stick my hands in there to see what awaits. I have a basket on a shelf above the washer just full of things that have been discovered in the wash. Today I found scissors, a glue stick, a pink sharpie, a scapular, lots and lots of tissues (we've all been sick), pencils, legos, a few crayons (nasty things if they make it to the dryer) and a few small toys.

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

crayons, money, military coins, pens, paper of an undetermined origin, rocks, sand. Sometimes I'm afraid too.

Unknown said...

2 pet rocks, underwear(?!), remote for a t.v., video game 'instruction booklet'.