Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another barn update

Hi this is Alan again. I might not look like I have made much progress, but slow and steady wins the race right? Besides the things that I have been doing require a good deal of work to get it done right. Here are some pictures of the progress so far.


This shows most of the work I was able to get done. No that board is really in place. I just laid it up there to get an idea of how it was going to work.



This is just a close up of the same thing. As you can see I have not cut the "Bird's mouth" or anything.









As you can see I have put Joist hangers on the ridge crest to make placing the rafters easier.

In case you sere wondering the ridge crest and the two support beams are about 110 pounds. So they were really fun to move.

















Last I put in a center support.

No comments: