Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Playing With Color

Today I had several of the kids paint a primary color wheel.  Something I just stumbled upon but thought would be perfect for a bit of art.  This involved digging out the water colors and realizing that they all got put away without pain tbrushes.  No paint brushes in the art bins in the living room or in the paint bin in the school room. So I go upstairs to pull out the paint brushes from the painting project I did with Little Flowers only to discover that most of them were never washed and are now covered in 2 week old acrylic paint.   So now comes the internal debate of do I attempt to save the brushes or just toss the lot of them since I bought 99 cent bags of assorted brushes and call it a day.
Anyway, I had a few kids who did the project properly and ended up with a very nice band of secondary colors in their color wheel. Then I have one who decided to paint to his own drummer and paint the middle spots himself.  The wrong colors.  Sigh. At least he used the secondary colors.

No comments: