Friday, April 6, 2012

Resurrection Eggs

We pulled out our set of resurrection eggs today.  Yes, you can get creative and call them Paschal Mystery Eggs or Holy Week Eggs or make your own version but I bought ours a few years ago and am quite happy to have someone else do some of the work for me.  Especially when you can watch for sales and get them fairly inexpensively.

This year I also added some printables to go with the eggs.  I plan to laminate them later this weekend and hopefully add some velcro dots to keep the pieces together.  Assuming I can find my leftover velcro dots.  They walked off my desk the other day.
Even Ellie joined in the fun this year.  And the growling older children who seem to think at times that activities such as this are slightly beneath them.  Until the other children can't answer the questions, then all of a sudden it's "Oh, oh, I know, pick me" so I keep insisting that they stay involved. Because I am mean like that.

While I would not rely on these eggs as the only instruction your kids get on the meaning of Holy Week, I do think they are a wonderful hands-on way of helping them figure things out.

No comments: