Saturday, March 31, 2012

What We've Done This Week

I had grand plans for this week.  Then I got kind of sick and a few kids did as well.  Such is life.  We've learned about Abraham Lincoln.  The kids have also watched some science movies.  They've studied city planning and building.
Katie learned what a squat thrust was today.  The younger karate teacher is much better with younger kids and large groups than his dad seems to be which is a bummer since the dad is the instructor for our class.  Katie does not at all like not being able to do something someone else can.  A tad competitive but I think it will serve her well.  Bryan entered a photo contest.  Robert broke my keyboard (who knew a keyboard does not like to have soda and sugar poured all over it). The kids learned that when Mom cleans the schoolroom, a lot more of their stuff ends up in the trash than if they would have just done it themselves.  Nutella muffins are yummy. Credit card fraud sucks.  So do emergency dental appointments and a freezer full of 300 lbs of meat that is suddenly not freezing.  The salesman was wrong when he said I could not get a key for the lock for the freezer.  In other words, it's been a normal week.  Hopefully next week we will focus on Holy Week activities and finding a bit of quiet simplicity to help the kids realize that Holy Week is supposed to be something different.

One other thing. I've learned I can't write a post like this without having the Veggie Tales "What We Have Learned" song run through my head.  And I think it must stink to be Larry. I mean, I can't imagine loosing a hamster AND falling off a counter all in one day.  Must have been a heck of a fall for a cucumber.

1 comment:

millie1423 said...

Tell Bryan Good Luck, he has an amazing eye.