Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Abby!

Abby turned 6!  We celebrated her birthday a day early so that her older brothers would not miss out on the fun (they insisted honestly).  Abby treated us all to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings where they made an awesome looking birthday crown just for her.
Then we came home for cake and ice cream.  Abby asked for ice cream in cones but I told her we just can't do that with cake. Instead I offered to make the cake in the ice cream cones and top it with ice cream.  She loved that idea.  Something a bit different and kind of fun.
Abby got a brand new doll and some new kitchen toys.  May I say that I am so glad we don't do birthday parties for the kids every single year (or ever at the moment).  I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be for a kid to have so much stuff to open and find a home for and I've seen many parents who simply sell each years' toys at a garage sale every year so I have to question other families spending the money on the toys anyway.  But I am rambling.
Anyway, Abby was very happy and seemed to have a great day.  Two of her brothers made LEGO creations for her and her sister made her a beautiful card.  She picked out monkey bread for breakfast and spicy pizza for lunch. 
Here's looking forward to another great year with a wonderful little girl.

1 comment:

millie1423 said...

Happy Birthday Abby. You are the best!!