Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Storytime Bible

 We have children in this house of many different ages.  This means we also have a rather large assortment of bibles in the house to cover many different ages.  And yet I am still always on the look out for another book that just might grab the interest of another child because each child seems to learn in a slightly different manner.  It was with this in mind that I picked up a copy of My Storytime Bible.

In this book, many popular bible stories are told using easy to understand language for the littlest readers.  Every story is accompanied by bright attractive pictures. 

The stories are condensed into very small chunks.  This means that it is very easy to sit down and read 4 or 5 selections to your child at a time. 

My toddlers and preschooler enjoyed listening to this book but I found the stories were a bit too simple for even my younger elementary aged kids.  Personally, I would suggest this book for the 2-3 year-old range.  The pictures will keep their interest while the simple story lines won't go over their heads.  I would not rely on it for the only source of bible stories shared with young children because at times the stories are a bit too simple.  I found it was great for a quick story but not so much for in depth learning.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on My Storytime Bible. They are also a great source for a baptism gifts or first communion gifts.

No comments: