Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Painting

I wanted a quick and easy art project for the middle kids. Something we haven't done before. But have I mentioned that I am not at all creative?  Really, I'm not. I just read everything I can and constantly search for new ideas.  My inspiration for today's craft came from the wonderful family at Ten Kids and a Dog.


Believe it or not, the hardest part of this project was finding shamrock stickers.  Apparently you have to plan a month or so ahead of time for everything. The stores simply don't seem to understand that one week before St. Patrick's Day, frantic homeschooling moms are thinking about St. Patrick's Day crafts, not Easter ones.  So I searched for quite a while before I found them.  Paint, paint brushes, paint canvases, all easy to find.  The stinking shamrock stickers: next to impossible.

So what do you think?  Now to find a project that actually allows us to focus on St. Patrick in some way.  Maybe we'll make a bunch of snakes.  That would excite my kids who were out in the yard trying to catch the mice yesterday.  No, I don't condone such activities. I just try to pretend they aren't happening while telling the children "NO, you may not have any peanut butter to put in my canning jars to use to entice the poor mice with.  NO. Leave the poor creatures alone."  Until they venture into our house. Then they are free to capture the things and drown them in the creek.  I do have my limits.

No comments: