Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's Pi Day

Yup, today is Pi Day.   I know it is Lent but really, who wants to always pass up the fun opportunities to do something small and special with your family?  Personally I don't.  Of course, I totally stink in the prior planning department. Or maybe it's the knowing exactly what is in my pantry department.  See, today is grocery shopping day. I will be going tonight during Boy Scouts since I have to be in that end of town anyway.  So I won't be running to the store until later.  I knew I had pie crusts in the house and thought I had enough pie filling. But we did not can much pie filling this year and have used most of what we had up.  So we did not have enough left for a full pie.  So instead I made a chocolate pie. 
Not the greatest looking but I'm sure it will be yummy and that is all that counts.  Just ask Alan about the first time I made a banana cream pie from scratch. It looked wonderful but I was afraid to try it because that kind of pie filling really stinks when you are making it until the very last instant when you add the vanilla and the magic happens. So I sat back and fed it to my guests and just waited for a reaction before trying it myself.  Because I am that nice.  And they were all family anyway.  And it was blessedly delicious.  This one, well, it came out of a pudding box and I'm totally ok with that.  So happy Pi Day folks.  Hope you are enjoying it with a slice of something yummy.

No comments: