Friday, January 27, 2012

Science at Home

We haven't been doing too much hands-on work at home lately.  Something I do regret.  We also have not been making as many trips to the local museums in the past few months.  The kids keep asking when we are going back so it is time to get back up on that horse, so to speak. 

Anyway, over the past few months we have had a few simple science projects in the works around here.  Liam played around with making glaciers and ice formations.  I don't even want to mention how many months he owned this science kit before we sat down with him to use it.  It is truly sad.

This past week Bryan did an experiment I remember doing in my Chemistry II class except we used acetone, permanent markers, and clothing to make tie dyed stuff.  He followed the same basic principles but used coffee filters and rubbing alcohol.  He also knew enough to take pictures himself.  Love that kid.

So now that I have let you in on a little secret (namely I have been entirely too lazy in giving the kids hands-on educational experiences and planning lately), hopefully I will use this as motivation to do better in the next few months.

No comments: