Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Good and the Bad

This is one of those posts that I have debated sharing because I know there are those reading who will judge me for it.  Either because they think they know me or some other such thing.  But I have decided if you are going to judge me, there is nothing I can do either way.  At least it will be on reality or a small little version of it.

So the good and the bad of the following few days.

The Bad: Abby let Robert cut her hair.
The Good: It's only hair and it will grow back.  I took her in to get it fixed up a bit this morning so it looks less like a hack job but it is so darn short.  After years of having people mistake me for a boy and being left out of certain activities with friends because my hair was so short (kind of hard to participate in a hair-do party when your hair does nothing because it is so short), I said my girls would have longer hair when they were younger.  Robert apparently had other ideas.

The Bad: While I was out taking Abby to get a haircut, the older boys had to call poison control because Gabe decided to eat the dishwashing detergent.
The Good: They knew what to do, took appropriate action, and Gabe is fine.

The Bad: Ellie has decided that she absolutely will not sleep unless she is in direct contact with me which means my plans to do things once the kids are in bed have totally not come to fruition and the laundry is threatening to take over the upstairs.
The Good: She is cute and adorable and tends to wake up, look at me, smile, and say Mom.  The laundry will wait and life will go on since she will only be this little and snuggable for a short time.  Besides, I know I sleep better when I'm not alone. I imagine she feels the same way.
The Bad: The pizza dough for lunch has not defrosted properly and is not rising at all so we'll have to scrap lunch plans for something else.
The Good: We have plenty of food in the house so it's not a crisis, just an inconvenience.

Yup, it's been one of those business trips.  Washing machine threatens to quit, pipes in the bathroom start leaking (but I know how to shut the water off to individual locations so it's not a big deal), the toilet keeps getting clogged (multiple times a day), one of the boys did not set the security alarm properly when we left so ADT called Alan to ask if they should send out police, the garage door opener has broken again so I cannot park the van in the garage since we need the gears to pull the door up those last few inches to get the van inside. All minor issues but I think I will need a small break when Alan gets home.  Just maybe.

1 comment:

millie1423 said...

Something about boys with scissors. Jim cut your hair and Matt cut Lisa's. Life happens.