Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little Flowers

I finally remembered to take my camera to our Little Flowers meeting.  We had 15 girls today.  Wow.  Quite a few more than I was expecting this week but we were very happy to have everyone join us.  We learned about St. Felicity and self-control.  Then we made sacrifice beads to help practice the virtue of self-control.  I've been having the girls make scrapbook pages for each virtue thanks to some wonderful print-outs found here.  Nope, I'm not creative enough to come up with this stuff on my own.  Being able to pull ideas from someone who has been through the books before me makes life so much easier. 

Since we also had karate lessons after Little Flowers, all of the kids were with me this time.  This came in handy when it was time to work on the sacrifice beads.  Ellie hit her head and wanted no one but me so Bryan was able to help show the girls how to put the beads together.  He also took a few pictures for me. 

I think this is my favorite part of the meetings.  Coming into church to pray before the Blessed Sacrament.  One week we were unable to stop in to say hi to Jesus because the school was having a Christmas concert and all of the girls were upset.  I can't so we do anything fancy but just seeing so many young kids gathered together makes me happy.  We may not pray for anything fancy or grown-up (there are often requests to pray for pets and siblings and traveling Dads), but I like to think that the sincere prayers of little girls means quite a lot even in it's simplicity.

No comments: