Wednesday, March 2, 2011

She's 3 Months

Look who is 3 months old today.  Yup, Ellie is still super small but is acting like an older baby now.  She's even starting to tolerate her father for longer periods of time.  Usually just long enough for me to shower in the morning.  She still very much runs the show around here and demands near constant attention but she has the best smiles and is even starting to talk to us a bit. 
I've often heard folks say that they think a little baby would get lost in a larger family because you've done the baby thing before a few times.  Or you are too busy with the other kids to spend time with a baby.  Personally I've found that having older kids helps me to enjoy the baby stage so much more.  I know how quickly it disappears so I try to soak it up even more than before, focus on the now and not spend my days wishing for her to get bigger.  There is nothing quite like baby snuggles, baby smiles and that unconditional love and trust a little person gives you when they fall asleep in your arms.

No comments: