Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Words: Inspiration for Catholic Women


I received the book Good Words: Inspiration for Catholic Women last week.  This book is intended to provide you with small quick words of inspiration.  Perfect for reading first thing in the morning or before bed or in that quiet time when all the kids are napping.

I will admit that I didn't get too much out of this book.  I think because the intention of the book is to provide a small amount to read, it was almost always too small to provide me with much insight or inspiration.  One brief passage did truly jump out and make an impression on me so perhaps that is the one I was meant to read.

I will admit that I would be a tad disappointed if I had paid for this book and was hoping to get some inspiration or direction out of it.  However, that could just be where I am right now in my life.  I can see this small book being the perfect size to tuck into a purse or diaper bag to carry along with you to pull out when you have a minute or two throughout your day.  However, there are many others that I would reach for before this one.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Good Words - Inspiration for Catholic Women. They are also a great source for serenity prayer and baptism gifts.

No comments: