Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow Forts

The children spent a good portion of the afternoon outside building snowforts.  Well, except Gabe.  Gabe spent a good portion of the day wandering around the house with his snowsuit on begging me pathetically to let him go out with the big kids.  "Me too, Mom.  Me too." 
I am well aware that the building of snowforts is now frowned upon by the all knowing "officials" and powers that be but I have to question what childhood will become if we remove all spontaneous fun and creativity from it.  Yes, common sense was at play here and the forts were built in the side yard, well away from the flow of snow plows.
We do enjoy our snow around here.  Granted, that is partly because Alan is now home in case the van gets stuck somewhere and I use common sense with regard to keeping the house well stocked with all essentials during the winter so you won't find me rushing out to the store in a storm.
 
I must admit I am hoping for a bit more snow this winter just so I can see what else the children will come up with.  And because I am enjoying the fact that the kids were so tired out from spending all day outside that they all promptly feel asleep this evening.

No comments: