Saturday, February 6, 2010

Skiing with the Middle Kids

Yes, there is a group of kids I tend to think of as "the middle ones" although I'm not so sure they would like that designation.  Today Alan took the middle kids cross country skiing. One of the benefits of our family membership at the Genesee Country Village (aside from the discount on the living history camps each September) is free access to the trails at the Nature Center for skiing and snow shoeing in the winter.  You can also rent skis and snow shoes if you need.  Since I've been slowly buying used sets of skis for the kids to use in the yard, we luckily have cross country skis for all 4 of the older kids right now.  Alan has a set as but needs to buy some new boots and we have a set of skis that fits me as well.  Next year maybe I'll work on the downhill skis.
Alan says the visit this year for skiing was much more enjoyable than last year.  Everyone stayed together as they should and the kids were much better at staying on their feet this year.  I have a feeling that all the practice in the yard helped.  Everyone reports that they had a great time.

No comments: