Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bubble Painting

While I tweak my schedule a bit and come to grips with the fact that I will have to abandon somewhat my routine personality in favor of a scheduled one, we're playing with extra art time this week.  And hopefully a bit of extra cooking/baking time for the older ones as well.  Yesterday we played around with tessellations which led to some neat coloring, getting out the pattern blocks and putting together a few new puzzles.  Today we tried an art project I have been intending to do for seriously years and finally decided after being reminded about by a friend to try it this week.

This project was super simple and used up lots of finger paint.  We likely could have used less but I figured having several pans of paint going would cut down on the horrid waiting for my turn melt downs.  A few kids drank a bit of paint (yup, gross but that's why you buy non-toxic stuff and try to simply not think about it too much) and some paint got splattered all over the table but since it was already mixed with soap, it cleaned up super quickly.
Just blow bubbles in the paint and then place a piece of paper over the top of the bubbles before they pop.  The finished products turned out rather neat looking and the kids had a blast.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

that looks awesome! We're trying it tomorrow. I had to get straws (yep, we don't keep them in the house because the kids use them up too fast and make a mess when they do use them (a mess to the point that it's very frustrating))