Saturday, July 11, 2009

Simply Saturday

So what do you do on a Saturday when you only have 5 kids at home? Yes, I do realize I just used the words only and five children in the same sentence. It is all in your perspective folks. So what did we do today? First we visited the farmer's market before the thunderstorms rolled in.
Then we broke out the ice cream maker to make some ice cream. I do wish I could say I made healthy ice cream but I seem to have lost the book that came with the ice cream maker that was full of easy recipes. Today we relied on a store bought mix that was totally chock full of artificial flavors and colors. But I threw in real cherries so that should redeem me just a little bit.
Very yummy. The kids are very happy. Granted, I think they were going to flip out waiting for the ice cream to harden in the freezer. It's awfully tough waiting until after naptime to dig into the ice cream. And a memo to myself: next time check the ice situation before you start making the ice cream. I think it would have frozen a bit more solidly if I had more ice in the freezer.

No comments: