Thursday, July 9, 2009

Liam's Birdhouse

Here's Liam putting together one of his birthday presents. He told us on his birthday that what he really wanted was one of the woodworking kits from Home Depot. Toys R Us used to sell them. Note I said used to. So after calling around and sending Alan to every store in town, Liam finally settled on this Melissa and Doug kit. Not exactly the same thing or what he wanted but he seemed happy enough. When he was done, he painted the front leaves 3 different colors. Painted the picnic table, too. (No, not the nice new one.)
Today one of the guys at Lowe's called me and said they finally found one of the woodworking kits for Liam and had it waiting at the desk for him. I'm hoping Liam likes that one, too. Lowe's gave it to us for free so there's another reason to like them. Year round military discounts and free kits for the kids.
A couple of days after building this bird house, Liam stuck the little screwdriver inside and could not get it out. I could not get it out. We put the bird house aside and I figured I would have to take part of the roof off to retrieve the screwdriver. Nope. Gabe found the house and pulled the screwdriver out. Guess it just took smaller hands. Seriously, I am afraid of what lies ahead when Liam and Gabe start working together. Very afraid.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Hite said...

Be afraid of that duo be very afraid!