Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day Activities

We decided to take the day off school like most other folks around us. I had way too much work to catch up since we've all been sick for so darn long. But we did spend a little time learning about President's Day.
The older two boys worked on their President's Day worksheets from Enchanted Learning late last week. Today Kieran made a President's Day Word Book using worksheets from the same place.
After naptime, everyone made a log-cabin like the one Lincoln lived in. Ok, they were not all exactly like that but everyone had fun and got a chance to use liberal amounts of glue. Have I ever mentioned how much glue we tend to use in this house?
Katie is almost done.
Liam decided to do things his own way and quickly ran out of extra craft sticks.
Kieran discovered that when you don't close the glue properly, it is rather hard to use it next time.
Bryan was providing supervision and instruction for the activity today.
For some reason Sean looks rather bored today.
One of the finished products.
And here is another one. This activity has officially used up the last of our craft sticks. I have a feeling I will no longer be able to put off a trip to the craft store to restock supplies. Maybe that will be my escape next weekend. I can easily see myself getting lost for a few hours at the craft store.

No comments: