Friday, February 20, 2009

Older Kid Art Time

I found a simple art project in the dollar bins at Target and picked up a few for the older kids. Something they can do without the little ones hanging around at the same time. Granted, these were not fancy projects at all. Little ceramic animals that they were able to paint but I think they like the fact that it's not something the younger ones get to do as well.
Bryan decided to experiment with mixing the paint colors so he could use more than just red, yellow and blue.
Kieran went for every color of the rainbow on his animal.
I think I will have to remind myself to pick up a few more projects like this just for the older ones. I'm not someone who is afraid to let the kids make a mess or worries about what will happen when you get the finger paints out even with small toddlers. But it is still nice to be able to do some projects without so many helping hands.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

I'm one of those people that can't stand the mess. I need to learn to get over that because I love to do arts and crafts.

Those are cool and I agree, it's great for the older kids to be able to do something without little helpers. :)