Thursday, February 5, 2009

Guess What This Is

Do you know what this is? No, not the homemade raspberry jam which is delicious by the way. But the canning jar. I have one of these in my huge supply of jars. It is a blue glass Ball canning jar. Which I think is super cool. These are often considered collectors items and I have one full of homemade jam. Small things make me happy right now. Course, I am regretting only making 12 quarts of jam this year because we are rapidly running out and once you've crossed the thresh hold into eating the real stuff, store bought just does not taste the same.

3 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

I *LOVE* the homemade stuff too. That's a neat jar. I wish I had more canning jars but then again, I wish we'd stay in one spot long enough for me to make a decent batch of anything.

Jeffrey Hite said...

Is there anything but homemade. I have been using that so long I don't know anything else. :)

Jeffrey Hite said...

I love what is in that picture. The staples of life. Jelly, Coffee and Spaghetti. :) What else do you need?