Saturday, November 15, 2008

Adventures in Babywearing

We are huge fans of babywearing around here. I think the one baby gadget that I cannot be without is a decent baby carrier. And when I say decent I do not mean a snugli or bjorn or any of the other torture devices frequently sold in mainstream stores. We use slings, wraps, mei tai's, an ergo and Alan has a framed backpack he likes. The kids have one for their dolls and the bigger boys carry the younger kids in the carriers when we need extra help. In all my years of babywearing, I have never had the unique experience I had today. Today I learned that back carries combined with a fleece soaker can lead to compression leaks. In other words, Gabe peed right down my back. Luckily I suppose we were at the local stuffmart at the time so I was able to buy new clothes for both of us so we could continue our shopping. I'm seriously hoping this is an experience I do not get to enjoy again. And on a side note, if you are still using a snugli or bjorn or some similar baby carrier, please consider buying a better quality one. Trust me when I say that your back will thank you.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

hahahahaah... I've been peed on but never down my back.

And I agree, those snugli's and baby bjorns are torture devices. They hurt the baby's spine and genital area and hurt your own back. I LOVE my slings and ergo.