Friday, August 22, 2008

Family Prayer Corner


I've been intending for several years now to set up a family prayer corner. Just a place to keep a few special items, a place to safely stash the extra rosaries and holy medals, perhaps we can use it to set up an advent wreath later. I finally got around to clearing off a space for it. I have different colored cloths so I can change the color with the liturgical year. We'll have the kids add to it during the year. It is still very much a work in progress but I have finally started to make some progress.

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

Love it! I've got a place set up by our front door. Did you know that the "Our Lady of the Streets" (that picture on the left in your set up) was painted by this guy that found a teenage girl with her baby brother and he paid her to paint that picture? He apparently said she reminded him of the Madonna and wanted to paint what he saw and that was his result. It's one of my favorite images.

Cheryl said...

It's one of my favorite pictures, too. I just bought a framed copy at the religious book store last night to hang in the school room.