Sunday, August 16, 2009

Darien Lake

We spent the last day of Alan's vacation at Darien Lake. Let me just say that I am really not a theme park fan. They are often very over priced, way too crowded, way too many people who seem to have left half of their attire at home. Honestly, there are so many other things I would prefer to take the kids to see but the older children requested a trip this year and we were able to get a decent discount on the tickets so I figure maybe every few years I can deal with it. Not too many pictures of the older kids since Alan took them on the bigger rides while I stayed with the younger children and the camera. One ride operator got mad at me because I had the crazy idea that a child who is crying before the ride even starts really should be taken off the ride so they aren't totally scared out of their mind. Go figure. We learned that Katie is quite the dare devil and loves to ride the big rides. We saw a Bob the Builder show. Man, I feel for the folks who must wander around in those character costumes in the summer. Guess it could be worse for them if we lived somewhere warmer. But here are a few pictures. Enjoy.











No comments: