Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 2-Stained Glass

We completed day 2 of our Summer Faith Adventure. Today we learned about the importance of stained glass windows in the early Church. They served to teach those who could not read about the Bible and the Saints.
The kids made these stained glass window pictures.
Robert even cooperated today and snoozed for a good part of the morning. I was attempting to get a picture of a sleeping child but he woke up the instant the camera turned towards him.
I made these stained glass cookies for snack time. If you try to make them, I suggest not using Jolly Ranchers. Those suckers are a bit hard to smash to pieces. I've made these before with various other hard candies and never had the issue I had with the Jolly Ranchers.
They ended up being a bit of a sticky mess. But very pretty colors and tasted yummy.
We are looking forward to day 3 and I am thankful to find other people who take the time to put these ideas together in one place so I don't have to do all of the legwork myself.

No comments: