Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Falls

We took an unexpected walk today and ended up taking the kids to see something we have been meaning to see ever since we moved here.
We got up close to the action. Or at least as close as I was going to let them get.
Here's the required picture of the crew.
And we can't forget Gabe.
And here's the proof that Robert was there along with the rest of us.
I have to say, I never used to be afraid of rushing water and heights until I gave birth to dare devil children. Ok, maybe the fear of rushing water came on that caving trip that took me through an underwater river that suddenly ended up over my head. Crawling through a nice wet, dark tunnel and all of a sudden you are totally underwater. Not fun. But I digress. Truly seeing a sight like this by yourself is one thing. Seeing it with a group of your own kids who seem to lack common sense regarding proximity to dangerous objects is quite another. But we all survived and the kids rated it a great experience.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

One reason I don't want to take my kids to the Falls alone...

Great pics!