Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Popcorn

No, not the Boy Scout kind. Although if you'd like to buy any of that, I have 3
boys who would just love to take your order. The real kind, growing in fields. Not sure if we picked enough so I might take a few kids back tomorrow to get a bit more.

I've learned many things about my kids this year.
One is that they know much more about where their food actually comes from than I ever did. Another is that for the most part, I have a crew of very hard workers.  There are a couple of kids who like to go hide or mope or pout anytime they are asked to do any work, ever. But we're working on them.


I did try to get pictures of the older boys but they were rather elusive among the corn.

Now the corn must be allowed to dry for a week or two before we remove it from the cobs. Yes, you can leave it on but since we usually use an air popper, that just won't work for us.

No comments: