Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Katie!

Miss Kathleen turned 9 yesterday.  Which means Alan has officially been in the Air Force for 9 and 1/2 years and I've been driving the big green van for 9 years. 9 years ago the roof of the house suffered damage from a hurricane and Alan flipped out insisting  I pack up the kids and evacuate for the only hurricane out of the 4 that hit us that year that was a big fat nothing. Yes, it was a momentous year that year. (Have I ever mentioned that those months before and right after Katie was born were, um, super fun for me to manage alone.)

Alan insisted we call Katie Kathleen at first. I spent 2 months telling everyone her name was Kathleen. Then he came home and said nope, she's a Katie.  Funny how those things happen.
This year we went to the waterpark to celebrate on Monday (because that is the cheap ticket day right now). I have pictures but  they are on the other computer which is fighting with me right now so they'll have to wait. Dad had to work out of town yesterday and all weekend so we'll have to put off her birthday dinner until our schedules collide somehow.  Katie made her own birthday cake yesterday and let Robert help her. I felt a tad guilty until Alan pointed out that she wanted to do it herself so it's not like she was forced to because no one else would make one.
Happy birthday little lady. Hope you had a wonderful day.

No comments: