Monday, May 18, 2009

View From the Sling

Or perhaps I should call it view of the sling. This is pretty much the only way Robert is happy with Dad holding him. Robert still seems to be firmly in the middle of that stage in life where there are only two types of people: Mom and everyone else. He will tolerate being held by other people for a short time if he absolutely must but is typically only happy with Mom. I find with each new baby that I must remind myself that it is totally normal for a baby to want to be held all the time and that yes, I must toss the baby into a baby carrier most of the day if I hope to get anything at all accomplished. There is a reason the first few months of a baby's life are often referred to as the 4th trimester.

1 comment:

Jenny Jenny said...

This looks like a happily snuggled up little guy! Great picture!