Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring in the Yard

Ok, I will admit that our yard is actually rather pretty in the spring. Just thought I would take a few pictures to share today. I did avoid the heaping pile of scrap metal that used to be a shed and the junk pile left behind by the previous owners that we have yet to remove. Yes, we are behind on yard maintenance around here. Only so many hours in the day and there is a lot to do.
Just some trees and bushes.
One of the fruit trees. I think this was one of the peach trees but don't quote me on that one. I'm never good at remembering which is which until the fruit is recognizable.
Love that color on the tree.
Here is the first sign that it is time to start tending to the garden. I walked back there today and found quite a bit of asparagus already growing and sadly most of what has already grown is past the point where it should be harvested. Guess what I'll be working on tomorrow?
The start of the grapes for the year. Hopefully we will actually be able to harvest some fruit this year from the vines. Last year what little grew was eaten by birds. We've learned grapes are rather particular fruit.
The lilacs are in bloom. These bushes are very pretty and smell amazing when they are all covered.
Just another lilac bush.
Bird's nest in the tree outside our dining room window. You know it is rather hard to get a decent picture of something that is over your head but I did try.
Said tree that is housing the bird's nest.
And another colorful addition to the yard. The kids are simply fascinated with these "pretty yellow flowers" which are pretty much carpeting our front yard. They keep bringing me bouquets of the flowers to display in the kitchen. I don't have the heart to tell them that they are lovingly picking weeds. Ah, the simple joys of being a toddler.

No comments: