Friday, October 12, 2012

Field Trip Friday

I arranged a field trip to Stokoe Farms for today. I thought since we had such a great time on the weekend, that it would be a great trip for the group.  However I am going to come out and say that they really stink at arranging field trips.  I received little direction on the organizing the trip from them (information regarding what we'd be doing, time frames, etc.) and the place was sheer chaos when we got there.  Perhaps it was because it was Friday but seriously, sheer chaos.

Pretty much the only time Robert was not crying.

Every group was supposed to have a schedule and stick to it. But at no point did anyone in charge at the farm make sure people were where they were supposed to be at the right time. So we often found ourselves waiting for our turn at an event (trying to stick to our schedule as requested) only to find that when our time arrived, other folks were there pushing us out of the way.  Add to this chaos the fact that it was cold, windy, and miserable and we opted to come home after lunch rather than stay all day.  We did get our pie pumpkins from the field so at least we have those and the kids got to ride the train and go down the slide. But in the end, I will say I was not at all impressed with the farm today.  Not impressed at all and I arrange field trips on a regular basis.  I've seen the good, the not to great, and the ugly. This one was fairly close to the bottom of the heap for me, I have to say. So we came home and made hot chocolate and the kids are watching a movie instead.

No comments: