Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Little Flowers

We had our last formal Little Flowers meeting of the school year last week.  We studied fortitude at this meeting and the girls painted sun catchers. 
Next month we will have everyone and their families over for a bonfire night. 
We had a wonderful group of girls this year.  With such a wide age range, it was sometimes hard to figure out craft activities that everyone could handle.  Thankfully whenever a younger girl needed help with anything, there was always an older girl ready to jump in and help out.  This made things run much more smoothly than I was expecting.

I think the girls have enjoyed themselves this year.  Now to figure out what to do for next year since things will be a bit busier and I'll have a little one to tend to for part of the time.  No, I'm not a babysitter type person for infants. They stay with Mom for their entire first year because that is what is best for them.  While this makes things just a tad more complicated with regard to meetings such as Little Flowers, it is more than worth it in the long run.  So here's a hint: it does not help me if you try to insist on helping me by taking/holding the baby or try to force me to give you the baby because you don't get to see them often.  Nope, not helpful. Just not how I operate or what works for our family.

No comments: