Thursday, February 9, 2012

Karate

The older five kids started karate classes a few weeks ago.  I'd been putting it off because of cost issues for quite a while.  Then we found a program that was totally free but on Saturday mornings.  Although I love the idea of free (it was part of a youth ministry program at a local church), I knew Saturday morning classes just would not really work with our family schedule.  Then a homeschool class finally came together with decent family rates. 
This gives me the chance to have a class for even my high school age kid and gives me a place to take all the kids at once.  I've found for my own sanity, we really have to stick with programs of this sort.  I know plenty of families who manage to run the kids in multiple directions for sports and such each weekend but I know my limits and that just won't work for me. 
I am normally in the back room hanging out with all of the younger siblings but I was able to watch for a few minutes today.  The kids seem to be doing a great job and enjoying what they are learning.  And the class obviously has room for a few more if you are local and looking for something for your kids.

1 comment:

millie1423 said...

Martial art training is great for kids.