Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kids Workshop

I took Liam, Katie and Kieran to Home Depot this morning for their free monthly Kids Workshop.  We love this program.  Did I mention that it is free?  The first Saturday of the month, Home Depot hosts a workshop for kids to come in and build a project all on their own.  A few other stores run similar programs but we have found this one to have the highest quality projects, ample spare parts available if your child should bend a nail or splinter a board, super helpful staff who are willing to hold a nail and risk getting hit with a hammer, and they welcome walk-ins which is great when you aren't quite sure what your weekend schedule will look like.

Today the gang made planters.  Since I was also juggling a slightly crabby Ellie, I was not able to get any in progress pictures but we came home and planted flowers in the planters.  Abby also got out the sunflower planter she got for her birthday so she could plant something with us.

We also dropped by Wegmans today so the kids could decorate a cake for Mother's Day.  They did a great job and actually showed a bit of restraint in the amount of sprinkles used. I was rather surprised.  They even accepted only doing 2 cakes instead of 3 because I just could not justify paying that much for a project I know I could recreate at home for mere pennies.    Now everyone is busy trying to clean up the yard a tad from the winter.  This is a rather large project when your yard is as big as ours.

No comments: