Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cookbook Review


While I was wandering around the grocery store the other day waiting for Robert's prescription to be ready, I decided to browse the book section.  Normally I would avoid the book section of the grocery store on the principle that the books are guaranteed to be overpriced and who wants to add a book to their grocery budget.  But we'd already put everything we needed in the cart and still had time to kill.  I saw this book that I've had in my Amazon wish list for a while and decided to splurge on it.  Hey, I was under orders from my mother-in-law to buy something just for me so you can call her an enabler.  The Pioneer Woman Cooks is a great book for anyone who loves The Pioneer Woman blog which I do.  I love all the pictures. I love that it is real food. I love that the portions are not already set for 2 people.  And have I said I love all the pictures?  Seriously, all cookbooks should come with so many pictures so you can actually see what you are supposed to be doing.  I do wish there were a few more recipes in the book but you can find more on her website.  Just be smart and buy the book somewhere other than your local grocery store and save the difference.  "Buy used and save the difference."  Hm, I wonder if the Duggars apply that to books? But that would be yet another post. . .

No comments: