Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Been Busy Again

Yes, I've been busy lately so I have not been posting much. This has been a very crazy week. A recent visit with Robert's doctor made us painfully aware that it was time to start searching for a doctor who was a better fit for our family. So I have spent the past week frantically searching for the right person. This search has helped me unearth a seemingly hidden network of Catholic doctors in the area. We are talking faith-filled, pro-life, NFP practicing medical folks. Sadly the first one we saw was unable to take on Robert due to all of the issues he's had thus far. She says she is just not comfy as a family practice doctor taking on a preemie babe with NICU time under his belt. But she found a wonderful pediatric doctor for us that I am praying will work out well. This has been an interesting week. Did you know there are still doctors out there who answer their own phones? And call their patients at home? And leave messages ending with God Bless? Doctors who take the time to work with the Bishop to order vaccines from Japan which do not contain all of the crap in US manufactured vaccines? Vaccines not derived at all from abortive fetal tissue? So I am still reeling a bit and just hoping and praying things will work out. One more appointment with the unfriendly doctor on Thursday and then we will wash our hands of her. And try to find a new doctor for Alan and myself because none us will ever see her again. But enough of that. You really want the pictures so here are a few Alan took this morning.
Gabe is doing his best to look pathetic and beg his Dad to pick him up. Please, Dad, Please.
Abby always wakes up with a wonderful chaotic looking hairdo every morning.
Katie is thrilled to finally get her hands on Robert.
Maybe Gabe will figure out that pacifiers are for sucking on, not fingers. Ah, well, we can hope. Amazingly enough, Gabe is one of the most gentle kids when it comes to Robert. He thinks his brother is the greatest thing in the world.

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

I'm really glad things are working out with finding those docs. :)

Jeffrey Hite said...

I love that picture of Gabe wanting to be be picked up. The only bad part is that it makes me wonder why I am here at work and not at home with my kids. I guess so that my kids have a home for me to go home and be with them in.