Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Yes, I know the feast day was on Friday but we are still working on a few of our projects around here. The children watched the CCC movie about Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe on Friday and colored a wonderful picture I found here. I had plans to make a bit of a Mexican themed meal for dinner but sickness derailed that plan. Maybe next year.The older boys colored the scenes for this wonderful book from Illuminated Ink and Alan helped me with all the cutting so we could put it together. I'm already looking forward to working on the similar project from Illuminated Ink for Holy Week. I know I've said it before but it's so much more fun to learn about your faith when it becomes hands-on. Everyone in our home is enjoying learning more about the Catholic faith and traditions that have sadly fallen by the wayside in recent years as we attempt to celebrate more feast days during the liturgical year.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

Ya know... I totally keep forgetting I have that art book. I bought it two years ago and I just keep forgetting I even have it. And we celebrated the Feast day this year! And I love the fact that we're learning so much as a family by celebrating feast days! We've got some really cool saints!!!