Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Little Flower


October 1 is the feast day of St. Therese the Little Flower. I didn't quite have my act together this year so we did not have everything we needed to make sacrifice beads. But we did manage to pull a few things together. We read a story about her life, found a picture to color, listened to a song about her and had pink rice crispy treats. Why pink? Well, St. Therese is often associated with flowers or roses. People say they receive flowers as a sign that she has heard their prayers. In most pictures, you see red roses. So I was trying to make red rice crispy treats and the food coloring turned pink instead. But they were still delicious.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Hite said...

Is there any time that a Rice Crispy Treat is not delicious? I mean really? I would eat them right out of the pan as soon as they are done if they didn't burn so much on the way down.