Saturday, November 13, 2010

Unlikely Spiritual Heroes

I just finished reading the book Unlikely Spiritual Heroes by Brennan R. Hill.  I have a feeling that this series of books will be added to our required reading list for our kids during jr high/high school.  I won't say the writing was absolutely excellent. It did drag a bit in places.  But the stories of the ordinary people who made a major difference simply by living their lives as they should be lived were inspiring.  The kind of stories that always leave me wondering if we have folks (myself included) in society today who would be willing to stand for what is right even if it meant certain death, ridicule and criticism.  Super quick read and a good book for starting one of those discussions with your kids.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the suggestion!