Monday, June 7, 2010

Small Steps for Catholic Moms - Companion Journal

I spent some time this weekend while Alan was working reading the book Small Steps for Catholic Moms Companion Journal.  I loved this short book. It is meant to be used during the year to help guide you in living out your vocation as a mom.  There are monthly entries focusing on a single topic, followed by several questions to get you thinking about what changes you need to make in your life to more fully live out your calling as a Catholic mom.

My favorite part of the book was the section daily prompts for Lent.  This section gives you daily ideas of things to fast from, pray about and ways to give more to those in your life.  I found many quotes in this section that truly jumped out at me and caused me to question how I am living out my own vocation and allowed me to reconsider the influence of others in my life. 

This simple, easy to read book has the potential to have a very powerful impact on your life.  Constant encouragement and gentle reminders of ways you can improve will change the life of any mom who is willing to take the book to heart.  I strongly recommend this book to all Catholic moms who feel the need to be refreshed and reminded of why they are doing what they do.

This review was written as part of the Catholic books reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Small Steps for Catholic Moms - Companion Journal .

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

thanks!!! I was just looking for another good book to read!!