Friday, January 8, 2010

Katie's Butterfly


Katie is not a frilly prissy girly girl.  With 4 older brothers and me as a mother, I think it would be very hard on her if she was that way.  But she definitely has some girlish tendencies.  She's in love with the color pink.  Loves to wear her hair in pig-tails or pretty bows.  She was thrilled to receive some "lipstick" for Christmas this year.  She is quite comfy in a dress.  But she also loves to sword fight and climb on couches and yell and scream and fight with the boys. 

But this art project we got in the mail was totally her.  She was very determined to do it just right.  She loves her little butterfly and did a great job.  May I admit she did it all by herself?  Some days I feel a bit bad when I see other parents acting like helicopter parents.  Then I realize that is just not for me and not for my kids either.  Nothing beats the pride of having done it all yourself.

No comments: