Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday at Home Depot

I took the middle 3 to Home Depot this morning for their Kids' Workshop.  I have to say I love these workshops for many reasons. First, can we say Free? That is a big draw right there.  Second, Liam absolutely loves to build and is great at wood working.  He just shines at these workshops.  Third, it gives me a chance to go out and do something alone with the middle kids.  Four, it forces me to actually get dressed and do something on those weekends that Alan works.  Trust me when I say I would be more than happy to hang out in my jammies and watch movies instead but the kids get way more out of this.
This week the kids built keepsake boxes. It was a very simple project this time for which I was very thankful.  The project last month was kind of a pain in the rear. 
Our location has started setting out paints so the kids can paint their projects before taking them home.  Although the kids love it, I do think they need a bigger area for the painting because it gets kind of crowded and messy.  But everyone had a great time and the kids can't wait to show their work to their Dad tonight.

No comments: