Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Abby!

Abby turned 4 today.  When I came downstairs this morning, she greeted me with "I'm the birthday girl! Say happy birthday to me!" which frankly is quite in line with her rather persistent and somewhat demanding personality.  Sadly Abby did not quite realize that after about an hour, folks were quite tired of hearing her announce that she was the birthday girl and you should tell her happy birthday.  I guess you just can't blame a girl for trying.
Abby requested a butterfly birthday cake and I had grand plans of making one for her but we ended up with a doctored up store bought cake instead.  Notice the giant butterfly cookies?  Abby was very happy.
We ate macaroni and cheese, cake and ice cream.  Presents were opened, games were played.  Small children were packed off to bed hyped up on sugar and artificial coloring.  Overall a great birthday, if you ask me.
Happy birthday Abby! I hope you had a wonderful day.

No comments: