Thursday, June 25, 2009

Zoo Time

I had been intending to take the crew to the zoo last week but we got rained out. So we headed there this morning. Since we are dealing with a thunder storm as I type, I think I timed things rather well.
They have a train at the zoo this summer. Bryan agreed to ride along to be Gabe's buddy since Gabe is now officially big enough to let me know that he has no intent of sitting quietly in the stroller while the bigger kids get to ride the train.
Abby insisted that Bryan take her picture with the polar bears.
The water area is the kids favorite spot when it is warm.
Here's Gabe right before he finally got up enough courage to get in the water with the big kids where he promptly slipped and hit his head on a rock. He was having so much fun that he just barely allowed me to wipe the first round of blood off his head before getting back into the pond with the rest of the kids.
Liam decided that 3 inches of water is more than enough to totally soak yourself. He was dunking his head in the water until I pulled him aside to point out all the tykes running around in diapers and suggested that maybe he stop doing that.
While I was sitting on the side with Robert, I heard one mom trying to encourage her son to go and find a boy his age to talk to and play with. Then she said well, not the ones who are splashing. Find a calm one. I looked up and thought to myself well, I guess he won't be talking to my boys because, well, they weren't exactly being calm today. We arrived home soaked and happy and the younger ones are sleeping now. Aside from the thunder storm that is keeping me from hanging up my laundry outside, life could not be better.

No comments: