Saturday, January 2, 2016

Meal Plan

I don't want to get back into the swing of things but I suppose we must. With riding lessons, fencing, karate, and scouts starting back up this week and 3 appointments already on the schedule, life will get back to normal. And there is school. Yup, must make that a priority as well. That has been a huge challenge this year with all the appointments and visitors. Hoping to improve upon that.

So back to actually cooking food. I so don't want to but I must. A necessity for both the budget and everyone's health.

M: yogurt, granola (B), chili, cornbread (D)
T: eggs, pumpkin bread from the freezer (B), cheesy chicken bacon tator tot casserole (D)
W: oatmeal (B), beef teriyaki over rice (D)
T: breakfast casserole (B), cheesy chicken and rice. (D)
F: cereal (B), potato soup, dinner rolls (D)

This is the beginning of two months when I will attempt to pay much more attention to using the food in the house more effectively and sticking to meal plans. I am hoping to get the freezers organized again after having everything thrown all over creation when the freezer was being repaired and then the fridge broke. In other words, I am in desperate need of a proper inventory so we don't leave good food languishing buried somewhere. Wish me luck.

No comments: