Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Day in the Life

So I took two younger kids with me to fencing today. We had an hour and a half to focus on their school work. What a reminder on how much easier this whole homeschooling thing was with fewer kids to worry about schooling. This is likely to become a regular part of our schedule now. I have two blocks of time every week when I am waiting for older children at their activities. Two and a half hours a week. Between Abby, Gabe, and Robert, I see being able to get quite a bit more accomplished in such a short period of almost one-on-one time each week.

Something amazing also happens when you leave your oldest children at home and take one of the middle ones to be the oldest helper. It's wonderful to watch them truly step up and grow into a larger amount of responsibility. And those older kids frankly deserve a stinking break every once in a while.

A day in the life of this homeschooling Mom. Living and learning with the crew.

No comments: