Alan has been busy working on various projects around the house. Most of them are things we have talking about doing for years but we're just never able to get done for one reason or another.
This house has many light switches that do not go with any light or outlet in the house. We've tested just about everything and still have switches that go no where. No junction boxes have been located in the ceilings and attempts to trace electrical wires using the house plans have proven fruitless. All this is to say that we've lacked decent lighting in the living room for years. Floor lamps just tend to get broken around here so we really wanted a light (and ceiling fan) installed. But there was no box to be found in the ceiling. We finally found a kit to allow Alan to safely run a wire across the room and down to the one outlet that does connect to a switch. So we now have lights in the living room. I'm oh so very happy.
I am hoping Alan and the boys are able to do most of the work themselves. Since the mold issues seem to be responsible for a significant amount of my recent health issues, he wants me no where near the repair work. So I'm sure the boys will end up learning a lot from this task.