Friday, March 13, 2015

Frugal Friday

Ok, I am totally willing to call this week a frugal failure. Seriously. Not that we have done anything extravagant. Except maybe that one night when Alan and I looked at the lack of food after the kids had devoured dinner and decided to order a pizza for the two of us (call it date night and a sanity saver folks). I have done a freezer inventory so I know how much food we have to use up before our meat arrives in May. But I have also splurged a bit on about 5 or 6 or more different types of pie for our pi party tomorrow. Yes, there will be a strawberry pie, a peanut butter pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, quiche, and pizza. Even if it's just us tomorrow, it will be fun. A food coma might occur.

I received my yearly shipment of dental health month supplies. Translation: there is a big red box sitting on the kitchen counter full of 25 toothbrush and toothpaste samples. It also contains 25 booklets on dental health and a nifty DVD. We don't keep all of the toothbrushes because they are all the same color but I've learned I can take the included toothpaste coupons to dollar general for free toothpaste.  Yup, I will be making several trips so as not to clear their shelves. I try to be nice like that.

The bathroom de-molding has not been as successful as we hoped. Alan has done what he can do alone and it appears the bedroom is still rather toxic to us. So now we move onto phase 2 and try to figure out who we can hire and how to afford it to get the rest of it done. Wish us luck. Please. I love that Seamus can breathe as long as we are sleeping in the living room but I do kind of miss my bedroom. Sigh.

No comments: