Sunday, February 22, 2015

40 Bags in 40 Days

Ok, I totally caved and am now just tracking for 40 bags in 40 days. After doing the first sweep of the basement rec room area, I am not taking a break so that I don't get angry at my children and finish the sweep by removing every single one of their toys from the house to make up for the sheer amounts of food related trash I found down there. Where no food is allowed. Sigh. I have a feeling that since they are having so much trouble keeping their stuff cleaned up anyway, more of the toys are going to find a new home than would have otherwise.

I am also actually sorting through the bookshelves again. I've made an initial pass through all of them. Hoping to go through them all at least one more time in the next few weeks. Books are awesome but having so many books that you can't find the awesome ones mixed in among the junky ones, well, that is just not so awesome.

Later tonight I am hoping to make a pass through the kitchen cupboards and remove the extra stuff. Like that wine rack that really has no place in our home since we really don't drink around here.

10 assorted bags/boxes/items removed from the house in the beginning of February, now I'm working on getting 40 more bags/boxes out by Easter. Seriously, I think the junk just multiples when we aren't looking.

No comments: